- Tokyo is the capital of Japan. It has 10 million people living in its city
- Japanese people eat lots of sushi, sushimi and tempura (vegetables or prawns in batter)
- the Japanese flag has a red ball in its centre. This is to symbolise the sun
- the Japanese word for Japan is "nihon"or "nippon" which means "sun origin"
- Japanese people often sleep on matresses on the floor
- Because there is a shortage of space lots of people live in appartments
- Oriami- folding paper into shapes is very popular
- Sumo wrestling is a popular sport
- Japanese children mostly take the train to school
The Japanese visitors showed us some Japanese toys,origami and ornaments.We also learnt the Japanese word for "sheep".